Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A is for Awwwww

Just a short image for you while I'm working on a longer post:

Despite all the complaining that goes on around here, we both really do like Japan quite a lot. Our new apartment is awesome, Osaka is a cool city, and Japanese culture really is interesting. I kinda just have a problem with that fine line between "incisive observational humor" and "bitching." I especially like the job at the kindergarten. It's got long hours, but really, having the laughter of children being a part of your work day is a considerably better perk than free copies or a communal coffee machine.

Case in point, today I was walking past Panda class and Shogo, one of the most enthusiastic if error-prone students (he regularly stops me on the playground, points to my shirt, and says "It's red!", regardless of the actual color), stepped out and yelled "Hello!" to me. I was on my way to get lunch, but I greeted him right back and gave him a high-five. By the time we managed that, another dozen or so students ran out to meet me, squealing and demanding high-fives. I laughed and tried to oblige them all as three or four started hugging my legs. One of them, then most of them, started saying in their adorable little voices, "Harry Daisuki!" Basically, "We love Harry!"

Pretty much an average day at the kindergarten. I'm pretty sure my best day ever at Sakishima was the time I took a long lunch and snuck out early.

3 comments:

  1. dont be fooled harry, they are plotting something... they always are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post; don't worry about that observing/bitching thing - that's for your readers to figure out.
    You're a lucky man, Harry Lee.

    ReplyDelete