Monday, June 28, 2010

Visa-Mandated Funny Pictures of Japan, pt. 2

That's right, kids, it's time yet again for another cavalcade of kooky, poorly-spelled hilarious pictures taken around the mean streets of Osaka. Super-Mecha-Cyber-Dream-Rainbow Jokes...ENGAGE!

Definitely the cheapest doinks I've found in Osaka. And they do an all-you-can-doink special on Saturdays.

If you don't read katakana, you might lose something from this joke: his name is "afuroinu," loosely translated as "Afro Dog." Actually, not much is lost in translation after all.

Japan is big on Free Gifts, especially cell phone charms: I once got a cell phone charm with a bottle of Lipton tea. This one lights up, I believe.

I don't know where this guy was going -- I'm guessing that he was on the way to do battle with Sailor Moon -- but wherever it was, I wish I could have gone with him.

Any questions?

The menu at a typical kushiage place, a.k.a. Fried Food on Sticks. Tasty, though the meat selection is a little intimidating for those not used to Ass Meat.

The most beautiful T-shirt in the world. Too bad it only came in size Tiny and Extra Tiny.

An Osaka landmark in the hip district of Dotonbori. Why is it all the great Osaka landmarks involve huge terrifying invertebrates?

I would pay so much money for a bag like this. Finally, a two-word phrase that perfectly describes Engrish culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment