Monday, April 25, 2011

Metchya Kawaii

Just a few pictures of what exactly I do all day and the gratitude I get for it in the form of...well, fan letters. The cute is definitely one of the perks of working in a kindergarten. Also: wuv.

A card from one of my favorite students (of course I have favorite students), Shintarou. It reads "Shintarou arigatou." When pressed, he told me that I'm the bigger face on the left. The resemblance is uncanny, no?

Shintarou again, plus his little sister, who also attends the kindergarten and also has professional-level eyebrows. On the reverse side of this new year's card (1 of 2 that I got from kids last year):

Translated: "Harry-sensei." I guess I do stick my tongue out a lot, huh?

The other New Year's card I received, this from one of my other favorites. Note the curly portrait of moi in the bottom left, plus the excellent handwriting of her name. I can only guess at the context of the picture.

A Valentine's Day card from one of my...less motivated students, Nene. She's 10. Also, she kind of sucks. This card really represents her interest in English beautifully.

Kid's Box, my group of 3 and 4 year olds from Panda class. Man, that book brought the house down.

Not sure what I'm doing here, but I keep getting kids' portraits of me in which I seem to have my arms raised. So whatever it is, I think I do it a lot.

A gift from Yasuhara-sensei, and a lovely one at that. My name was spelled "Hurry" originally, but that was easily fixed with a Sharpie.

And a card I got just the other day from my favorite girl with a lazy eye. I couldn't make any sense of the picture, nor could I get her to confirm or deny anything other than it was supposed to be me. Jenn, however, helped me realize that I am, in fact, raising my arms. Surprise! The inscription is my favorite phrase in Japanese: "Harry-sensei daisuki." D'aww.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is hilarious, I'm always happy when I stumble across such comedic gold!
    Keep up the good work : )

    ReplyDelete