Friday, July 20, 2012

Letter Rip

So, as you may know (somehow?), Jenn's job is finishing up next week, which means two things:

1. There will be much rejoicing (and knitting)
2. She's just taught her last high school English class in Japan evar.  Or for now, anyway.

Among the various intangible benefits Jenn has enjoyed during her time teaching at Kongo High School (Motto: No, the Other Kongo) such as educating the youth of today, seeing their smiling faces and watching them grow as people, etc. etc., she has received a bunch of very much tangible letters from the students.  Please enjoy this selection from them, painstakingly reconstructed from the handwritten copies.  Here, at last, is proof that I don't hold the monopoly on weapons-grade cute students.  Warning: these letters are extremely adorable, and should probably not be read while operating heavy machinery.

"Dear Jennifer.

After high school, I want to go to college school.
I enjoyed your classes.
I never forget you
Because I love you.
Very very thanks Jennifer."

"Dear Jennifer  .
After high school, I want to dream and happy life.
Jennifer, you are good teacher
I think really that
You are big.
It's a joke.
You will go home.
    That's too bad.
We feel sad.
I was enjoying with you.
You are very funny.
Do you know me?
How are you?"
Good bye Jenn.
See you again.

        Welcome
              to
           Japan"


"Dear ♥ Jennifer

After high school, I want to  ?
Jennifer lesson was very very funny!!
I enjoy every week ♥
I taught many English word and America song.
I'm very very studyed \(^o^)/  *
If I travel from America, I want to use teach English.
I was very very very very Enjoyed ♥
Someday, retune to Japan!!
I'm not forget Jennifer!!
I love Jennifer \(^o^)/
Thank you★ ありがとう!!"

"Dear jennifer.............

After high school, I want to be a generall person.
I think average is best.
Thank you Jennifer!
I don't foget to Jennifer."


"Dear Jennifer
After high school, I wan to study English in collage

I like a foregin countries.
I want to travel in foregin countries.
I like to talk a lot of human.
So I enjoyed talking with Jenn.
Really, I want to more more talk
So I become talk a English and meet in Jenn house.
I fun to best study unly the Jennifer class in another class.
See you again!"

"Thank you, Jenn

Thanks to you like English.
I was spurais** to meet you,
when went to Nanba.
Can you good albam?
I can good albam?
Jenn class had gamed,
smile, speaking, very happy

See you."

"Dear Jennifer
After high school I want to         collage        
You look is very happy all day
You teach is understand
You are work like a dog but school quite I'm sad
out country is fighting!
Thank you very much!
See you again!!"


This one may be one of my favorite.  There's something cummingsesque about it, don't you think?

"Dear, Jennifer                               I respect for you
Thank you for your help.               Love
Thank you for everything.                 Jenn!
Could you do me a favor?
Your travel is good and safe
and don't left your wallet.
When this situation,
call the police, please.
GOOD LUCK
After high school,
           I want to dancer.
I
  go
       to
            U
               S
                 A."

*Sweet Jumpin' Jesus, how are these a viable mode of communication?  It took me 3 minutes to find both the forward slash and the carat mark.

**"Surprised," Jenn informs me.

2 comments:

  1. cute; seems these kiddies have a bit more work ahead of them as far as mastering English....

    JFA

    ReplyDelete
  2. These letters are weaponized cute.

    -Bill

    ReplyDelete