Thursday, August 5, 2010

Visa-Mandated Funny Pictures of Japan, pt. 4: Consumer Report Edition

Being a consumer in Japan is a sacred role, to the point where I'm not sure I can ever readjust to the customer service industry on the outside. Whenever you enter, leave, stand around in, linger in front of, or think about a shop or restaurant, every member of the staff will shout a friendly greeting to you. Odds are you will also be walking out with a promotional gift of some kind -- no kidding, I've gotten free gifts from cell phone providers, banks, grocery stores, doughnut shops, guitar lessons, and bottles of ice tea. Of course, all this courtesy is covering up the fact that they sell some pretty weird shit. Hang on to your point cards!


They're pretty straightforward about what constitutes "entertainment" here. Hours of fun for the whole family!


As mentioned, they love Obama here. He's a rock star. And they call him MISTER Obama.


OH GOD THE HORROR OH GOOOOODDDDDDD.


Blelicious.


They don't kid around with their fast food promotions here. America, Japan has seen your Double Down and raised you 5 meat patties! Are you gonna take that lying down?


I know, it's obvious: toilet seat covers. Ruru. John. I mean, makes perfect sense to me. Sure. They just, uh, misplaced a comma in the description.


The Smoker's Creed, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment