Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Visa-Mandated Funny Pictures of Japan: Japan After Dark

Caution: these photos involve subject matter of an adult nature. Some of it may even be deliberately adult, though I doubt the creators of these signs have any idea just how gross a lot of it is. So, anyone under 21 or over 65, you may wish to skip this post and preserve some illusion of the innocence of Jenn and Harry and of the basic decency of humankind. You have been warned.

Japan is host to many traditional performing arts that span the worlds of theater, music, comedy, storytelling, and dance. This is not one of them.

A little something for the 12-year-old boys and 12-year-old boys at heart.

Not really dirty, just kind of disgusting. There are numerous drinks sold in small Alice in Wonderland style bottles in conbinis and pharmacies that are some combination of energy drink and traditional medicine. I've been told that this drink is for women only, and that they will refuse to sell it to men. I guess this just plays into my conspiracy theories about the placenta. Ladies, WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM US? IS IT THE NEW WORLD ORDER? THNX.

Sold in the pet goods section of our local department store. I understand that some people are into this kind of thing, but if you really did want to harness your rady, why the garish colors when black leather has such a classic feel to it?

Um...I...I guess I would just like to point out that the stark lighting on the Cowboy Gothic style of sign might clash with...um...whatever theme these proprietors are going for with their bar.

Specialty of the house. I looked, and yes, it does mean something else in Japanese. Parents and anyone who has doesn't know what this means, I implore you, I beg you on hands and knees, if you need to know, check Wikipedia, not Google. EDIT: In fact, don't check on Wikipedia, either. In fact, you should probably just turn the computer off right now and run screaming into the night. If your curiosity must be satisfied...I don't know, ask a teenager or something. Then you can watch them burst into flames with embarrassment.

That's all from the sleaziest corner of the Japanese blogosphere. I think I need a shower now.

No comments:

Post a Comment