Thursday, September 3, 2009

Have you seen this woman?

The answer to that question is probably no. But, I assure you all, I am alive and (in some senses of the word) well. I have started "teaching" at Kongo High School (I'm actually just introducing myself over and over and over and over), but I'm sure at some point, I will be able to talk with my students about things other than myself. Like, for example, the weather. Or whether or not they like bananas. And, as of yesterday Harry and I are the proud parents of a brand spankin' new internet connection, so I can finally take time out of my busy schedule of sitting at my desk because I am required to be there from 8:30 to 4:15 regardless of whether or not I have any work to do there. (I know I shouldn't complain about the grueling hours or anything, but having to look busy is taxing. And stupid. Likewise attending meanings when you do not UNDERSTAND A DAMN THING THAT ANYONE IS SAYING.)

In other news, in the week before Harry arrived (I realize this is old news) I purchased and installed a washing machine all by myself. International travel is all about stretching your boundaries. I, however, do not feel old enough to own a washing machine. (Addendum: I bought it used.)

Tune in later for the blog post where I actually talk about Japan!

2 comments:

  1. Amusing posting but I feel totally ripped off by the photo...as it clearly was taken thousands and thousands of miles away. (You can't put anything past us Midwesterners.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're loving your blogs and news. I hope I've now figured out how to leave a comment - I know it's not hard, but some of us "challenged seniors" aren't too adept! Love from KS!

    ReplyDelete