Friday, July 16, 2010

Happy ________________ Festival!

This week there was a big festival at the temple behind our house. I asked the vendors which festival it was, and they all just pointed at the temple, so I guess it's this temple's annual festival. Here are some photos I took, just to give you a taste of festival season life in Japan (click to see them bigger):






I don't know how I can sleep at night with that thing right in my backyard.

There were about 3 different goldfish stands at this festival. Catching goldfish is something that Japanese adults reminisce about so fondly.


And now, some of the festival food: cucumbers on sticks, corn, and yakisoba. The yakisoba guy kept messing with me, telling me it was expensive and asking if I could afford it. He was clearly not feeling the spirit of the somethingorother holiday.

And last, Harry and Anpanman, the only cartoon character who gets his superpowers mostly from being edible. Really.

The pictures will get better as soon as I get a lens that can actually open up wide enough to let in some light at nighttime.

No comments:

Post a Comment